Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Will you help?

I have just got permission from my dad to start raising funds for the up front cost of adopting internationally.  Now for those of you that know me you probably have an idea of how stoked I am! Any who, I wanted to tell you a little about the need of the orphans over there.

So i'm not just talking about adopting a "Typical" child, but a special needs child.  Down syndrome to be specific.  Children overseas that have special needs have no room in society over there.  They are orphaned at birth, sometimes because the parents can't care for them & other times because they will just be a "Burden".   Whatever the reason, these kids only have a small window of hope & a chance at a new life.  When they turn5 years old they get transferred an adult mental institution where it's very slim that they will survive their first year.  Because of the lack of money for medical care for these kids they are very malnourished.  Some cases worse then others.  This is my cry for help, a plea for the church to rise up & be a voice for those who can't speak for them selves.

In the Bible, James 1:27 it says "Religion that God our Father excepts as pure & faultless is to look after the orphans & widows in their distress & not to let ones self be polluted by the ways of the world."  So right there it says to look after the orphans. That should be instruction in & of it's self.  But in Proverbs 24:12 it says "Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know, and holds us responsible to act."  So as the verse says our eyes have been opened & now we are held accountable to act on this matter.  Especially knowing that kids dye daily in these places because the conditions are terrible & the medical care is limited.  


So now that I have informed you of the conditions & the urgency of these kids, I  would like to say that I will be fund raising so that we will have the money for the up front cost & there will be a "Chip In" on the right side of this blog so that you all can donate if you feel lead.  No mind you we don't know which little one God is going to entrust to the Goodhue family yet.  But we will be ready when He shows us.  


Thank you for reading & I hope you will follow us on our journey.
God bless,
Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for your family taking this leap of faith in obedience to God's call!!! I too will eagerly await on the edge of my seat to see who God has planned for your family! (I know He knows how much you want sisters!! I look forward to seeing you receive the desires of your heart!)

    Rick and Michelle
    www.NoLongerAnOrphan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete